FF197 is a modified, single component, fire rated polyurethane foam.
FF197 is used to seal linear gaps throughout the fire rated areas of a building.
It is perfect for sealing gaps found around fire rated doors, and can be easily applied with a straw nozzle or professional foam gun.
- Certified to the latest British and European standards
EN 1366-4, DIN 4102 Pt 1 (B1) and EN 13501: Pt 2
- Cures to form a semi-rigid foam that is able to accommodate some degree of movement of the joint
- Acts as an effective fire seal for up to 4 hours (BS EN 1366-4) when used with FS701 intumescent acrylic or FS703 silicone sealant
- When used in a linear seal for gaps up to 20 mm wide between timber door frames and supporting walls, it can provide 30 and 60 minutes fire resistance in accordance with BS EN 13664:2006 + A1:2010
|Fire Performance*||In accordance with BS EN 1366-4 EN 13501: Pt 2: 2007||Up to 4 hours|
|Classification||DIN4102: Part 1||B1|
|Canister Temperature Limits||+10°C to +30°C|
|Ambient Temperature Limits||+5°C to +35°C|
|Density||LAB014 - 3 cm in width at 23°C and 50% RH||20-30 kg/m3|
|Tack Free Time||LAB014 - 3 cm in width at 23°C and 50% RH||10 minutes|
|Cutting Time||LAB015 - 3 cm in width at 23°C and 50% RH||60 minutes|
|Loading Time||24 hours|
|Tear Strength||DIN 53455||81 kPa|
|Shear Strength||DIN 53422||57 kPa|
|Thermal Conductivity||EN 12667||36 mW/m.K|
|Temperature Resistance||Short Term: -40°C to +130°C Long Term: -40°C to +90°C|
- Always carry out a test to confirm compatibility prior to use.
- Protect floor coverings with paper or a plastic film
- The surfaces must be dry, solid, stable.
- A speedier cure can be attained by moistening the substrates if needed